|Home Why Choose Us? Troubleshooting Tips Service Contracts Forms Contact Us||
Troubleshooting TipsIf you're the type to do a little troubleshooting before you call for service, here are some tips. Following these simple steps will be helpful when placing a service call, as the outcome will give us an idea of what to anticipate, and they could save you money.
If you have no heat...
• Check that the oil burner emergency switches are on, including the one at the top of the cellar stairs. It has a red switch plate.
• Check the thermostat. Set it 5 degrees above room temperature and see if heat comes on.
• If the reset button on the oil burner is tripped (popped out), press it once to reset it and see if that starts the burner. (Do this only once.)
• Check the fuel gauge to make sure the tank has oil in it. Tap it to make sure the float isn't stuck.
• Check fuses and circuit breakers at the electrical panel.
• Call for service.
Cooling System not working...
• Make sure all switches are in the "on" position.
• Check the circuit breakers. These are usually 2-pole (take up two spaces).
• Check the thermostat. Set it 5 degrees below room temperature and see if cooling system comes on.
• If units are still running but not cooling, it is best to turn them off so as not to cause further damage.
• Call for service. We might be able to give you more advice with the symptoms that you notice.
Heat Pump issues...
• Keep snow clear from around unit.
• Higher then normal power bills sometimes can be an indication of problems.